Tuesday, September 15, 2009

YARD SALE DEAL OF THE YEAR

Soooooo......... My wonderful Husband/Yard Sale Partner in Crime, Brian and I went out Treasure Hunting last Saturday. It was Maddie's birthday and we set off in search for the perfect gift (nothing like last minute, right?). I flat out refuse to go buy something retail, just for the sake of having a present to give.... I just knew the perfect gift would find us that morning! We went to a church sale in which different families brought their own stuff to sell, kind of like a flea market. One lady had a box with "MAKE AN OFFER" written on it... In the box was a HP laptop. I asked the lady if it worked and she didn't know - just said it was her granddaughters and she said get whatever you can for it. My mom had told me to keep an eye out for a broken laptop for display purposes, so I figured for the right price...... When I asked how much, the lady said "how does $2 sound". I said "SOUNDS PERFECT". Brought it home and it fired right up! Windows XP and the internet are already installed!!! Sorry Mom, your broken display laptop just became Maddie's Perfect Birthday Gift!!! FYI - Also Scored a 14K white Gold Cross Pendant for $1 at the same sale!!


No comments:

Post a Comment